Top Ten Tips to Boost Your Chances of Winning Free Online Competitions
Online competitions are an exciting way to potentially bag some fantastic prizes. From winning the latest iPhone to a romantic trip to Paris, the possibilities are endless. But with so many people entering these competitions, how can you increase your odds of coming out on top? Here are some top tips to help you stand a better chance:
- Regularly Check Websites Like Competitions4Free.co.uk: Websites like Competitions4Free curate a list of the latest and best free competitions available to UK residents. By regularly checking such sites, you ensure you’re always in the loop.
- Read the Terms and Conditions: It might seem like a chore, but always read the terms and conditions. This ensures you meet the eligibility criteria and follow the correct entry procedure.
- Enter as Many Competitions as You Can: The more competitions you enter, the higher your chances of winning. However, make sure you’re genuinely interested in the prize to avoid unnecessary clutter if you win.
- Be Prompt with Limited-Time Competitions: Some competitions might be open for a short while. Prioritise these as fewer entrants mean better odds for you.
- Follow Instructions to the Letter: Some competitions might ask you to answer a question, submit a photo, or even share a post. Ensure you follow all instructions meticulously.
- Stay Organised: Keep a record of the competitions you’ve entered, especially if they require a later action, like checking your email or responding within a certain timeframe.
- Use a Dedicated Email Address: To avoid filling up your primary email with competition-related emails, consider setting up a dedicated email address for competition entries.
- Engage on Social Media: Many competitions use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Engaging with the competition post, such as liking, sharing, or commenting, can sometimes boost your chances of winning.
- Double-Check Your Entries: Before submitting, give your entry a once-over for any mistakes or missed fields.
- Stay Positive and Keep At It: Remember, you won’t win every competition you enter. But with persistence and a positive attitude, you stand a good chance of eventually bagging a prize.
As all the competitions on this site are free to enter, you will find that most free entry competitions will require you to enter some personal contact details, such as your name and email address as different competition sponsors ask for different sets of information. While obviously you will need to give them your contact details so they can inform you if you win.
We would suggest using an email address that is not your primary/professional email as you don’t want your professional email getting clogged up with all your competition entries! Do be sure to check your competitions email regularly though otherwise you won’t know if you’ve won a prize!
Another tip that could help you save time and enter more free online competitions is to use form filling software. This can dramatically increase the amount of entries you can submit each hour, which will of course give you many more opportunity’s to win a prize. You can actually try this form filling software for free:
If you are serious about winning competitions for free, I would suggest doing what you can to minimize the time it takes to submit a competition entry. Using the above software will definitely help!, especially if you are upgrading to the pro version once you have familiarized yourself with the benefits.
Remember the more competitions you enter the more likely you are to win, it really is as simple as that. There are groups of people known as “Compers” who are quite often stay at home mums who spend a number of hours every day entering literally hundreds of sweepstakes and prize draws every day. Some of these people have reported winning masses of prizes over a period of under 1 year.
Be sure to maximise your chances of winning a free prize or winning free money and enter as many prize draws as you can find.. How ever unless otherwise stated I would make sure you only enter each prize draw once as you will normally be wasting your time by submitting more than one entry per draw!
The last thing you want is to win a great prize and not be eligible to claim. Some competitions are UK or Ireland only. Others have a one entry limit so if you enter more than once you will be disqualified from the draw. Some competitions are also collection only and you may find that the shop is miles away from were you live, so always check the Terms and Conditions of the competitions you enter.
If you use Facebook then add fellow Compers as your friends. If they find a free entry competition and share it, you will see it on your news feed to enter yourself. Facebook competitions are generally fast and easy to enter, some compers are part of groups that share free competitions they have found and you can send requests to people in your group to get you more entries into some free competitions.
There are also groups like The Winner’s Circle where regular Compers post wins they have found and will tag you in them so you know you have won. Not all FB sites will email you as they don’t have your details if you have entered a like and share competition. There is also a search feature here where you can check if anyone has mentioned your name in a winning post.
Also try www.social-searcher.com to see if anyone has mentioned you on FB, Twitter and Google+. Try searching things like Winner (your name) or Congratulations (your name) to see if you have missed any big wins. I know I have before and found them on here.
For free Twitter Competitions try using TwitNinja. Simply sign in with Twitter and your away. It lists all free twitter competitions and you can sort by end date and categories. Just one click and it will automatically follow and tweet your entry.
Best of Luck Everyone. We will look to add to this section regularly as and when we find relevant tips. Please email us with your own tips at [email protected]